I’m happy to announce that I’ve just been elected to the North Texas SQL Server User Group Board of Directors. I owe so much to the PASS Community in general, but even more to our local group. In case you aren’t aware, the NTSSUG is one of the most active and successful groups in the entire country, and I’m very honored to join the board.
I want to just take a moment to acknowledge what our group has already achieved.
- We’ve had five successful SQL Saturday events. Our last, SQL Saturday #255 had more than 500 attendees.
- Hosted SQL Rally in Dallas.
- We routinely draw 60 to 80 participants to our monthly meetings.
I’d like to take a moment to thank the two people who also ran for the board this round, Miyaka Fusi (Twitter) and Chris Utter. Being a board member is a serious commitment, and I hope to continue to see you folks at meetings and events.
Also, I’d like to take a moment to thank our outgoing two board members as well. Erin Welker (Blog/Twitter) will be retiring as our Past President and she’s served since the group’s inception more than 10 years ago. Tim Mitchell (Blog/Twitter) has been our Director of Finance for the past four years and his contributions have been vital to the growth of the group.
The current board is a very cohesive team made up of talented and dedicated professionals. Great guys one and all.
- Sri Sridharan (Blog/Twitter) – President
- Ryan Adams (Blog/Twitter) – Director of Programs
- Ganesh Gopalakrishnan (Twitter) – Director of Logistics and Communication
I officially become a board member on January 1st, and I promise to do my very best to measure up to the standards set by my fellow board members as well as those that served before me.
Wish me luck!